The project contributes to fulfilling: Promote everyday integration
Sub programme: Öresund
Lead Partner: Malmö stadsteater AB
Partners: Teater FÅR302, Københavns Musikteater, Malmö Högskola, Roskilde Universitet
Project Period: 01 maj 2011 - 31 oktober 2013[The project is completed]
Total Budget: 1.146.279 EUR
Udbetalt støtte fra ERUF: 573.137 EUR
There are still great obstacles for collaborating in theatre producing and movement of audiences across the water in the Öresund region.
The project Theatre dialogue Öresund have two aims and objectives:
- To help creating, spreading and moving theatre productions for a bigger audience
- To develop communication, marketing and audience mobility for the spoken word theatre.
Therefore project Theatre dialogue Öresund is divided into two parts:
- To develop a guideline and a toolbox for best practice as a fundament of knowledge for co-producing and touring of theatre productions abroad.
- Communication- and audience development for the spoken theatre in the Öresund region. Both to make existing audiences widen their area of visits and for a new audience to find their ways to the theatre.
In the project Theatre dialogue Öresund, Malmö City Theatre, Theatre FÅR302 and Copenhagen Music Theatre will develop a guideline and a toolbox to help theatres collaborate in co-producing and touring existing productions abroad. There are big differences in methods, habits, production processes, ways of communication, marketing etc. and therefore the guideline will consist of a list of organizations and venues alongside practical information such as rules and regulations, taxes and standards.
We also want to focus on the artistic processes and have workshops where we explore new ways of working from an artistic point of view. The result of this work will also be shared with others in the guideline.
The second part of the project will focus on developing the ways we communicate and market our productions in order to make new audiences attend the performances. Our idea is to make the existing theatre goers in both cities dare the travel to the other side of the water and discover the wider range of activities that the region offers. We will especially focus on people with other ethnic backgrounds than typical Swedish or Danish. We will use the existing productions to develop and test how to communicate with the audience in order to change their behavior and attend the performances in a new environment. We will evaluate the results from the first production and adjust the methods for the second. To put an objective and scientific perspective to the project will be followed and evaluated by academic researchers and students of Malmö University and Roskilde University. They will do audience surveys and study the work closely and the result will be presented in a published report and in a big seminar at Hipp in Malmö.
The project has the same goal as ÖRUS and will help and develop the everyday integration in the region in many ways.
- It will create new collaborations between organizations (theatres and universities) on both sides of the water. The result of the project will help others to collaborate and make successful co-productions and tours.
- It will increase the mobility of people in the region and create new habits. The existing audience will discover theatre on the other side of the water and make the first step to create a new behavior.
- It will help integrate people within the two cities when new groups of audience attend the performances.