The project contributes to fulfilling: priority 1
Sub programme: Oresund
Lead Partner: Erhverv.net
Partners: Region Skåne, Københavns Kommune (KEC), Region Hovedstaden, Region Sjælland, Helsingborg Stad, Malmö Stad, Helsingør Kommune og Erhvervssamarbejdet Sjælland
Project Period: 1 Jan 2010 - 31 Dec 2012[The project is completed]
Total Budget: 962 026 EUR
Udbetalt støtte fra ERUF: 481 013 EUR
The Oresund Region has about 250.000 small and medium sized enterprises (SME). Since the opening of the Øresund Bridge in 2000, we have seen an increase in commuting and people crossing the Sound. This has taken place even though the region is separated into two national tax and social welfare systems. Despite the emergence of a common cross-border labour market, the SMEs still don't consider the region as a home market. Since 2004 trade and joint ventures between Danish and Swedish enterprises have been at the same low level. Compared to business relations within national markets, the Capital Region in Denmark and Skane are 300 kilometers from each other. Yet the distance is only 20 kilometers between Copenhagen and Malmö.
Øresund Business Match will be a knowledge-sharing platform for 1,200 SME's about business conditions and opportunities in Denmark and Sweden. Within 3 years all enterprises will be given the opportunity to find matching business partners on the other side of the Sound.
- Project management: Øresund Business Match will set-up a management team of 2 persons and a steering committee. The steering committee will have representatives from the projects financial partners, Öresunddirekt and mayor business link organisations in the region.
- No-wrong-doors: Øresund Business Match will have a virtual platform on the website of Öresunddirekt: http://www.oresunddirektbusiness.com. Here SMEs will be able to find all relevant information and contact points for companies seeking business opportunities on the Danish and Swedish market.
- Match-making: SMEs will be given a opportunity for meeting business partners from the other side of Oresund. The project management team will organise the match-making activities together with regional and local based business link organisations in The Oresund Region.
- Competence & Network: Øresund Business Match will organise seminars and set-up a knowledge-sharing framework for employees dealing with business information for companies in the region. The seminars and networking activities are suppose to strenghen the Oresund dimensions in the service given to entrepreneurs and SMEs on business opportunities.
- Regional policies on innovation and entrepreneurship: The steering committee will seek to incorporate the above mentioned activities in future regional policies on innovation and entrepreneurship.